The Thai Cocojito was inspired by a drink I had at a beach shack in Koh Lanta, Thailand. Koh Lanta is a beautiful, pristine island off the Andaman Coast. While in Koh Lanta, I ate the most delicious Pad Thai on planet earth and kept hydrate with the freshest coconuts and natural fruit juices/smoothies. While tourism is growing in Koh Lanta, it remains mostly untouched and true to its cultural and food traditions. The people of Koh Lanta are some of the most genuinely kind and chill people I’ve had the pleasure to encounter. My love for Koh Lanta inspired the creation of the cocojito. A healthy take on a happy hour classic, the cocojito is tangy and refreshing. Drink a virgin version of this smoothie or turn it into your new go to BBQ cocktail.
These are the ingredients you will need:
How does this recipe fit into the foodieland philosophy of mindful living+ happy eating + plant centered nutrition.
Hola! Welcome to Foodieland
- A Message from Registered Dietitians, Diet Techs, and Dietetic Students, and Interns to those Affected by Racism
- Beware of nutrition myths that promise prevention and miracle cures for Covid-19
- All About Carbs: Why You Need Them in Your Diet
- Happy Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day
- Thai Foodie Series Part 1: Every Day Thai Superfoods